Twelve things about the number twelve or about today’s date:
1. The date (as written above) is palindromic and also the same in the US as well as Europe for once.
2. Cookies (always good things) come in dozens.
3. In Italian, twelve = dodici.
4. A twelve-faced polyhedron is known as a dodecahedron.
5. There are twelve months in the Gregorian calendar which is the one most of the world uses.
6. This newly released book, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, looks interesting (even though it’s been named an Oprah book…ick!).
7. Of course, there are twelve days of Christmas. Please remember that these are NOT the twelve days before Christmas. Although we happen to have twelve days left until Christmas, these are not the Twelve Days of Christmas!!!!!!
8. Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night or What You Will takes place on the last evening of Christmas (Twelfth Night = the evening of January 5). Lots of mistaken identity and cross-dressing in this play!
9. There are 12 signs in the Zodiac.
10. The Roman number for 12 is XII.
11. A foot is made up of 12 inches.
12. 12/12/12 is the last triple-digit date until the 2100s so go out and enjoy it!